#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: Show Review Philip H Anselmo & The Illegals "A Vulgar Display of Pantera"



#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: 

Live Stream Review, Philip H Anselmo & The Illegals “A VULGAR DISPLAY OF PANTERA” 


By Mike Vanek




First of all, I don’t subscribe to any anti-Phil or anti-Pantera Bullshit if you have a problem don’t read my fucking blog...


Over the last 2 years, the only way for artists to get out and play for their fans has been through the medium of the live stream. Several bands have done it successfully including several projects headed by one Phil Anselmo formerly of the legendary PANTERA!!


When I saw the announcement that his band PHILIP H ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS were going to be live-streaming the Pantera set they toured on before the Pandemic hit I literally jumped outta my chair to order the stream!!



Phil Anselmo has been my absolute hero since I was 15 years old hanging out with my best friend Travis Brooks at his moms' house. We worshipped anything PANTERA from the records, live shows, & home videos we absolutely consumed all of it.



Sadly there is no more Pantera and with the passing of Vinny & Dime there will never be another Pantera show but this amazing tribute by PHA&TA was absolutely a fitting tribute that this amazing band truly deserves.


With Mike Deleon of Texas Death Metal heavyweights FLESH HOARDER leading the band on lead guitar, these underground death metal all-stars didn’t try to duplicate the past legends but rather just went out there and played the songs the best they could with their own style and flair to the music in which they went out and straight-up killed it...



The band blasted out a full set of Pantera classics that had me in tears as I thought I’d never get to hear these songs again in my lifetime!! Leading in with the cryptic “ Suicide Note Part 1” then jumping into the heavy with “A New Level”, “Mouth for War”, “Becoming” and more 19 songs in all including the classic “Walk” joined on stage by a young man named Roman this was an amazing performance but when they went into the breakdown for “Domination” I literally broke down as it hit me in all the feels as that song has helped me throughout my life in so many ways!!




All and all this was an amazing show and if you truly love Pantera and want to hear some good dudes jam some of the greatest metal of all time jump on YouTube and check out this amazing stream!! And while you’re there check out Phil’s other streams with DOWN, EN MINOR, and SCOUR!!


For more information on Philip H Anselmo & The Illegals follow them on all major social media platforms!!



PHILIP H ANSELMO & THE ILLEGALS

A VULGAR DISPLAY OF PANTERA LIVE STREAM


https://youtu.be/LG_lRaICeoQ





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: Blind Illusion "Straight As The Crowbar Flies"

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: A Look at Inhuman Condition “Rat God”

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: Talking Shop w/ The Boss and The Box