#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: A look at Internal Bleeding




 #MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: 

A look at Internal Bleeding 

By Mike Vanek



It’s not every day you get to write about a band that pretty much created a genre of music, let alone one of the coolest bands of all time... In the world of death metal and slam it’s hard not to like the mighty Internal Bleeding...


Now before I write this a word of thanks... I just went through one of the worst times of my life right smack in the middle of doing the research for this blog and I took a week off... Watching I.B’s Smoke Sesh videos and listening to the band's latest album on Spotify really helped me get through some of the darkest days of my life and I thank them for that... 



When I started getting into the extreme metal scene at The Workshop in Ceres California, Internal Bleeding is a band I heard a lot about and I would check em out on YouTube from time to time, and of course, they would be on my Spotify radar when that came to be and of course, I listened to everything I could researching this blog and all I can say is... GODDAMN, THAT'S A LOTTA SLAM!!! 


With a history spanning since 1991, The New York based inventors of SLAM known as Internal Bleeding are one of the heaviest and best sounding Death Metal bands you will ever hear... IB has a sound that transcends heavy music to what I believe is just straight up good fucking music!! 



Internal Bleeding is a double guitar attack with a mind-melting rhythm section matched with ungodly awesome vocals that have taken this band to stages all around the world... The current lineup of Internal Bleeding consists of band founder Chris Pervelis on Guitar, Kyle Eddy on Drums, Ryan Giordano on bass, Chris McCarthy on guitar, and one of my favorite singers from one of my favorite bands (Sacrificial Slaughter) Steve Worley on vocals... This band brings an undeniable head-bobbing groove with the brutality of their music that cannot be matched by any other band...



Starting as a demo release in 1992 then leading as the band's debut record the bands “Invocation of Evil” started the band out with a bang with relentless touring and self-promotion leading them back in the studio in 1994 to record the seminal album “Invocation of Evil” which they coined the term “SLAM” as a description of their music and their fans... Years later after several lineup changes and albums recorded I would have to say my favorite release of theirs is the latest release of 2018’s “Corrupting Influence”!! This record is an all-out attack of the senses with awesome tracks like “compelled to Consume”, the title track “Corrupting Influence” “The Supreme Sacrifice” just to name a few I couldn’t recommend this masterpiece of slam enough!!! Please go get it on all major platforms today!!!



Something else really cool Internal Bleeding does is the SMOKE SESH WITH CHRIS & CHRIS!! This live feed based show on The band's Facebook page is a hella chill and hilarious hour of live guests, music, and getting smoked out with a chaser of good bourbon and I seriously can’t recommend it enough to find out about all things Internal bleeding and beyond...




On 1/2/2021 The band performed a live virtual performance and it will be available till I believe the end of February on darkforceslive.com please support the band and purchase this amazing live show!!



I recently spoke with Vocalist Steve Worley and Guitarist and founder Chris Pervelis and here is what they had to say... I asked Chris Pervelis the following question: "Throughout all your years in the band... what is your favorite INTERNAL BLEEDING tour story??" Chris answered: "Oh man, my favorite tour story? That's a tough one...


I'm going to give you two. One for sentimental reasons and one for "fuck, that's metal!" reasons.


Sentimental: When we landed in Indonesia to play the Hammersonic festival, Bill (RIP), looked at me, hugged me, and said "we finally did it, this is one of the best things that has ever happened to me". That means a lot to me. I know it's not an exciting story, but personally, that is something that gives me chills and gets me close to crying every time I think about it.


The "fuck that's metal" story. On our first tour with Six Feet Under in 1996, we played a date at the Al Rosa Villa (where Dime was killed, btw), and when we went on stage, the place literally exploded. I am talking tables, bodies, and beer bottles streaking across the entire club. It was completely insane. I got off stage and headed to the bathroom cause I had to piss like a racehorse, and this bloody dude came up to me, with his arm broken and literally bend backward. He hugged me with his good arm and just shouted "Internal Bleeding Rules!!" I told him "thanks, now go to the ER Dude!". I can still see it. What an amazing night. One of the best shows we ever played."

I also spoke to vocalist Steve Worley and asked him the following: "After being in a great band like Sacrificial Slaughter how would you compare it to joining Internal Bleeding and how would describe your experience in the band since you joined??" Steve Answered: "Well, Sacrificial was my baby.  I started that band in my early teens and kept it going for 20 years.  I will always be proud of our accomplishments.  

    Hard work and dedication is what kept that band going and would ultimately lead to my joining Internal Bleeding.

   I've been a fan of I.B. for just as long as I've been playing music.  So getting to meet the guys over the years at festivals and becoming friends, then ultimately touring together in recent years was really great.  We all get along great and had awesome times together on the road.  So when they ultimately needed a vocalist at the end of 2019, I was called upon.

      Since joining Internal Bleeding I have been fortunate to travel to some new places and play some amazing shows.  My first 5 shows with the band covered 3 continents including our first time in Japan.  So that was really amazing.  We had a bunch of other big tours lined up too that got postponed due to Corona Virus.  So we are just using the time now to focus on the next album and hopefully, we can get back on the road soon!"

I'd like to thank Chris & Steve for their time!!


This is one of the best bands ever and I highly recommend you check them out!!

For more information on Internal Bleeding follow them on all social media platforms!!

www.internal-bleeding.com 


Internal Bleeding-Voracious Contempt Video

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=internal+bleeding+band+

Internal Bleeding-Corrupting Influence Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvCL8edbHxw

Smoke Sesh w/Chris & Chris 1/16/2021

https://www.facebook.com/InternalBleeding/videos/224808562532703

Smoke Sesh w/ Chris & Chris 1/9/2021 w/ Roadkill from ECW

https://www.facebook.com/InternalBleeding/videos/395648988164270



IN MEMORY OF 
Bill Tolley Internal Bleeding’s Original Drummer





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: Blind Illusion "Straight As The Crowbar Flies"

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: A Look at Inhuman Condition “Rat God”

#MIKEVANEKSUCKS The Blog: Talking Shop w/ The Boss and The Box